For study starting in September 2020
Applications open in August 2019
WHAT IS A CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP?
Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK.
Wales, as part of the UK has agreed a new programme which is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and Universities Wales. This offers students from Viet Nam fully-funded postgraduate study at any Welsh university.
A Chevening scholarship, leaves you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in Wales for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience Welsh culture, and build lasting positive relationships with Wales and the UK.
WHAT CAN I STUDY?
You can study a one-year taught Masters degree in any subject at any university in Wales
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible to apply for a Chevening scholarship you need to:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university.
• Have minimum of two years’ work experience.
HOW DO I APPLY?
• Applications open in August 2019 for study starting in September 2020
• All scholarship applications will need to be made directly with Chevening via your country page at www.chevening.org/apply
• You will also need to list three courses in your application from any of Wales’ universities, and you should apply to them if you haven’t already. Note that you will need to apply separately for your course via the university.
To find out more, or to subscribe to the Chevening newsletter for up to date information, visit the Chevening website.
Click here for more information about the postgraduate courses at each university in Wales and support for international students.