High School Counsellors’ Tour of Wales – May 12th – 18th 2019
The Wales Counsellor tour of 2019 offers a brilliant opportunity for counsellors and advisors to spend a week with the Global Wales team to find out all you need to know about Study in Wales. This funded tour includes visits to four Welsh Universities to learn more about the campuses, opportunities for US students, and gain valuable training and information about the Welsh Universities.
Why Study in Wales?
Wales is home to world class universities and colleges offering a wide range of subjects which attract students from around the world. Here are a few reasons why US students would love to Study in Wales:-
• Wherever your university is in Wales, there are lots of interesting things to do and see, adventure awaits in Wales with plenty of castles and coastline to explore, sporting activities, new experiences and great nights out. When you study in Wales you’ll have the opportunity to explore our beautiful landscapes.
• Academic quality – Undergraduate degrees from these reputable universities are equal to US degrees, but are accomplished in 3 focused, academic years (Sept-June), with no impacted courses.
• There are also options for a 1-year add-on Masters, and 3-year PhDs (equal to a US degrees, year-round)
• Low Cost – Tuition at most Welsh Universities starts at $15,000 USD, nearly all are FAFSA eligible, and there are many scholarships available to international applicants.
• Housing is guaranteed at most universities, often in single rooms with a private bathroom and shared kitchens.
• Living and Studying Overseas – Visa assistance, airport pick-up services, and full orientations for students are included at all universities.
• Location – Wales is known for its safety, ease of travel via rail and bus, it’s easy access to major airports, and it has some of the lowest living costs in the UK. Most students spend less than $25,000 total per year for everything (tuition, board, flights, food, etc.).
The host universities at this year’s Counsellor Tour will be Cardiff Metropolitan University, University of Wales Trinity St. David, Aberystwyth University, and Cardiff University.
The itinerary also includes time for you to discover the heritage, culture, landscape, and magic of Wales, including the capital city, our national parks, castles and our stunning coasts.
The High School Counsellors’ Tour is funded by the Global Wales program and includes: –
• transportation between each university,
• 6 nights’ accommodation (Sunday-Saturday) and some meals,
• All planned excursions
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with flight expenses, but participants will be transported back to London at the end of the tour.
Wales Counsellor Tour 2019 Itinerary*:
Sunday, 12 May: Arrival in London, coach to Cardiff
Monday, 13 May: Intro to Welsh education, Cardiff Metropolitan University, tour of Cardiff Bay and/or Cardiff Castle
Tuesday, 14 May: University of Wales Trinity St. David
Wednesday, 15 May: Day Excursion through the Gower Peninsula up to Aberystwyth
Thursday, 16 May: University of Aberystwyth, drive to Hay on Wye
Friday, 17 May: Cardiff University, travel to London Friday night for a Saturday departure
*Itinerary subject to change as opportunities arise and scheduling is confirmed
How to apply
To register your interest, please complete the Application Form by March 15.
Selected participants will then be notified by March 22, and participants should be prepared to confirm their attendance and share flight details by April 5.
Application Link – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/MR8KQVS
For questions, please contact – Dr. Maggie Parke, Market Development Manager at Universities Wales: firstname.lastname@example.org