Swansea University brings careers advice and employment opportunities together in one place via the Swansea Employability Academy, which means learning and experience exist in tandem - preparing you for a successful graduate career.
Swansea Employability Academy gives you the opportunity to engage with industry, take on placement opportunities, and gain work experience fully equipping you for the world of work.
Swansea’s award-winning team can help you:
- Gain impartial careers information, advice, and guidance from qualified careers consultants
- Find an internship, placement, part-time role, or graduate job
- Connect you to employers through our flagship careers fair, employer events and skills training/coaching sessions and programmes
- Develop your CV, interview skills and commercial/self-awareness
- Gain recognition in your Higher Education Achievement Report on completion of the Career Development Course
- Access employability bursaries to help cover employability-related costs such as travel to job interviews, equipment for remote working, business attire and similar.
The Swansea Employability Academy also offers funding for clubs and societies to create and host events that bring undergraduates, employers and alumni together, providing opportunities for:
- Student-led employability events
- Specialist and guest speakers
- Networking conferences
- Career advice events and visits to industry.
“After the graduation celebrations, there was a sudden moment of “Oh, now what? Where do I go from here?” The SEA team was super helpful, understanding, and patient. They took a very methodological approach to building up my job search and CV. I certainly credit their help in finding my dream job as an AI engineer at a software company called Verisk.”
MSc Computer Science graduate, Moritz Burkle
Learn more about Swansea University