Study in Wales is delighted to confirm a new joint scholarship programme with British Council India, for students from Telangana wishing to study at a university in Wales in 2021/22.
The Global Wales British Council India Scholarship programme offers 16 scholarships – each worth £5000 – to study a one year postgraduate programme in Wales. Scholarships will be given in the form of a tuition fee discount and are non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered. The scholarships are available to students from Telangana – see full eligibility criteria below.
For the 2021-22 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions:
If you have already received an offer to study a postgraduate programme at one of our universities in Wales, and you fit the eligibility criteria you can now apply via your university.
Am I eligible?
• Be an Indian citizen
• Have been born AND/OR have studied in the State of Telangana
• Have a 2:2 awarded undergraduate degree
• Be classed as an overseas citizen for fee paying purposes
• Be able to take up a full-time course of study at a Welsh HEI for the academic year from September/October 2021 or January 2022 intake
• Meet the English language requirement of the Welsh Education Institution / OR have a IELTS score of Band 6
• Have received an offer to study at an eligible postgraduate course from one of the participating universities in Wales, UK
- Aberystwyth University
- Bangor University
- Cardiff University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Swansea University
- University of South Wales
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
• Demonstrate a proven track record of academic achievement, and leadership quality
• Meet academic criteria set by the institutions for admission
• Be willing to work with Universities UK and the partner institutions, as an ambassador to promote the Global Wales programme.
• Due to strict UK Visas and Immigration regulations, scholars must be able to have sufficient funds to cover the remainder of tuition fees, as well as adequate living expenses
Universities Wales and British Council reserve the right to update or amend scholarship awards without notice, based on the availability and quality of applications that are received.