- Researchers have included two Nobel Prize Winners: Sir Martin Evans (Medicine) and Robert Huber (Chemistry)
- Placed 154th in the world and highest in Wales (QS World Universitiy Rankins, 2020)
- Cardiff University is ranked third in the UK for effectiveness in converting research in to successful companies (Octopus Ventures Research to Riches report, 2019)
Located in the heart of the Welsh capital, Cardiff University is the biggest university in Wales and the 10th largest in the UK. It’s part of the elite Russell Group of universities, and has a global reputation for excellence across a wide range of academic disciplines. Research at Cardiff was ranked fifth for quality and second for impact among UK universities in the most recent Research Excellence Framework.
Ambitious, innovative and creative, Cardiff University offers more than 300 courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. It has one of the best students’ unions in the UK, and Cardiff boasts the lowest living costs of any UK university city. What’s more, the University is investing £600million in campus upgrades to ensure students always have access to the best facilities and latest equipment.
Cardiff University has been voted one of the 10 most beautiful campuses in the UK, and still uses some of the architecturally striking buildings it occupied when it was founded in 1883. Students have all the advantages of living in a young, bustling capital where 20% of the residents are students: beautiful green spaces, great transport links and a year-round calendar of international sporting and cultural events. Within 30 minutes, they can be exploring the rugged coastline, hiking up a mountain or admiring waterfalls in the Brecon Beacons.
- Researchers have included two Nobel Prize winners: Sir Martin Evans (Medicine) and Robert Huber (Chemistry)
- Placed 154th in the world and highest in Wales (QS World University Rankings, 2020)
- Cardiff University is ranked third in the UK for effectiveness in converting research into successful companies (Octopus Ventures Research to Riches report, 2019)