Like what you see at Cardiff University?
- Researchers have included two Nobel Prize Winners: Sir Martin Evans (Medicine) and Robert Huber (Chemistry)
- Ranked 154th in the world, and the highest in Wales (QS World University Rankings, 2023)
- 90% of Cardiff University research is considered as world-leading and internationally excellent (Research Excellence Framework, 2021)
Cardiff University is an ambitious, innovative institution located in the heart of the Welsh capital. It's the only Russell Group university in Wales and has a global reputation for excellence across a wide range of academic disciplines. Research at Cardiff University is considered world-leading and was ranked 11th for impact among UK universities in the most recent Research Excellence Framework.
With more than 300 courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level, Cardiff University students can choose from a wide variety of courses that can be tailored to any aspirations. It has the 2nd best students’ union in the UK, and Cardiff is one of the most affordable university cities in the UK. What’s more, the University has also invested £600 million in campus upgrades to ensure students always have access to the best facilities and latest equipment, including the new state of the art Centre for Student Life.
Cardiff University has been voted one of the 10 most beautiful campuses in the UK, and still uses some of the architecturally striking buildings it occupied when it was founded in 1883. Students have all the advantages of living in a young, bustling capital where 20% of the residents are students: beautiful green spaces, great transport links and a year-round calendar of international sporting and cultural events. Within 30 minutes, they can be exploring the rugged coastline, hiking up a mountain or admiring waterfalls in the Bannau Brycheiniog National Park.
- A degree from Cardiff University opens doors across the globe - graduates are in such high demand by employers that 85% enter highly skilled employment shortly after graduating.
- 2nd best Students’ Union in the UK, and with more than 200 clubs and societies to choose from, everyone can find a place to call their own in Cardiff.
- Top 20 university in the UK for the overall quality of research.